Longtown Memorial Hall Community Centre is a fine red-brick building, which stands on the edge of the town beside the A7, which links Cumbria and the Scottish Borders. Arthuret Parish War Memorial Hall, as it was first known, was built in 1924 to commemorate those local people who had fallen during the First World War, with additions made to the buildings in 1981 and the 1990's.
In 1981, the building was extended in an exciting development which provided additional facilities for the community to enjoy. New meeting rooms, squash courts, fitness suite and sauna were added.
In the early nineties an upstairs bar extension was added complete with lift. This provides a comfortable and pleasant atmosphere to enjoy a convivial drink with friends. Today, the Community Centre is still serving the needs of local people, as it has done for generations.
Visit our interactive news and events calendar and notifications page
Find information about the various onsite facilities we offer.
Our Community Centre has a full range of weekly activities for all ages.
Find out Community Centre and office opening times, and how to contact us.
News and Events will be coming soon
Community information will be available shortly